[comp.sys.mac.hardware] A/UX // MacOS partitioning

nghiem@ut-emx.UUCP (Alex Nghiem) (12/20/89)

The sales reps at PLI, SuperMac, Micronet say that their devices
are fully A/UX compatible and that the hard drive partitions on their
hard drives are fully adjustable. However, there has been a message
posted that says that the Micronet software is not fully A/UX compatible.

If you have used any drive by these companies on A/UX, could you
post or send me comments regarding usefulness of the partitioning
software for A/UX? Specifically, are the A/UX partitions truely
adjustable?

Thanks,

nghiem@emx.utexas.edu
!cs.utexas.edu!ut-emx!nghiem

kaufman@Neon.Stanford.EDU (Marc T. Kaufman) (12/20/89)

In article <22538@ut-emx.UUCP> nghiem@ut-emx.UUCP (Alex Nghiem) writes:
>The sales reps at PLI, SuperMac, Micronet say that their devices
>are fully A/UX compatible and that the hard drive partitions on their
>hard drives are fully adjustable. However, there has been a message
>posted that says that the Micronet software is not fully A/UX compatible.

As far as I can tell, Micronet's manager version 4.0g (the one that came with
my drive) is compatible with A/UX.  You certainly can set up any size and
number of partitions you want.  There is radio-button selection of the
various A/UX partition types, including Swap and Eschatology.

Marc Kaufman (kaufman@Neon.stanford.edu)