[comp.sys.mac.hardware] Apple MacII color card

thatcher@claris.com (Jon Thatcher) (12/22/89)

keith@ux.acss.umn.edu (Keith MaloneyHuss) writes:

>Can the Apple MacII video card (M5640    630-4171) drive any
>monochrome monitors other than the Apple monitor?  I suppose the output
>is analog?  Would any of the multisyncing VGA type monitors work?
>Is there any trick to the connection?
>Thanks
>--keith

Keith, I can only point you to Tech Note 144, which has the card pinouts,
and describes adapter cable pinouts for the Sony Multiscan (CPD-1302) and
the NEC MultiSync (JC-140IP3A) (and equivalents).

I'm also interested in the output capabilities of the MacII video card.  I
just missed the messages concerning VCR recording, NTSC, etc.  Could someone
repost that data (or email to me), with relevant details?

It's extremely frustrating that Apple ships NOTHING with the card except
the warranty statement.  Is detailed documentation available at all?  And
how about putting more than the card pinouts in Tech Note 144?  The sync
rates it can do would be useful!
--
-- apply standard disclaimer here --
Jon Thatcher, InterNet:thatcher@claris.com, UUCP:{ames,apple}!claris!thatcher