[comp.sys.mac.hardware] About the audio board

peters@sahiways.gov.au (01/04/90)

 In article <17521602MR@MSU>, 21602MR@MSU.BITNET (Mark Rosenberg) writes:
> I recently saw an advertisment and article for some type of audio card for
> the Mac which does cd quality recording onto a hard disk, and also can be
> used in hypermedia development work.  I can't find the article, the ad, or the
> product/company name anywhere... does anybody have a clue ?  Thanks....

 The board you are after would be the DigiDesign "Sound Accelerator".  It comes
 with some rather incredible software which allows you to do almost anything you
 linke to the sound sample (provided you have enough RAM to play with!).

 A full review of the DigiDesign board can be found in of all places, "Keyboard"
 magazine, I think the August '89 issue from memory (around somewhere then
 anyway :-)).  If you're having trouble locating the magazine in question, mail
 me and I'll post you the details of the company, cost, specs etc.

 Geoff Peters

#! r