[comp.sys.mac.hardware] Need Ehman phone number

andrew@idacom.uucp (Andrew Scott) (01/10/90)

I'd like to buy an Ehman hard drive, but the 1-800 number given in the MacUser
ads is a U.S. only number.  Could some kind soul from south of the border
please call 1-800-257-1666 and ask for a number usable from Canada?  I don't
mind if it's a regular number and I have to pay the long distance charges - I
just want to get the drive.

Thanks.
--
Andrew Scott	| mail:		andrew@idacom.uucp
		| - or -	{att, watmath, ubc-cs}!alberta!idacom!andrew
		| - or -	uunet!myrias!aunro!idacom!andrew
"At it's worst, it is graceless.  At it's best, it's a quicksilver ballet."

arun@ac.dal.ca (01/12/90)

In article <1990Jan9.164653.2921@idacom.uucp>, andrew@idacom.uucp (Andrew Scott) writes:
> I'd like to buy an Ehman hard drive, but the 1-800 number given in the MacUser
> ads is a U.S. only number.  Could some kind soul from south of the border
> please call 1-800-257-1666 and ask for a number usable from Canada?  I don't
> mind if it's a regular number and I have to pay the long distance charges - I
> just want to get the drive.
>
> Thanks.
> --
> Andrew Scott	| mail:		andrew@idacom.uucp
> 		| - or -	{att, watmath, ubc-cs}!alberta!idacom!andrew
> 		| - or -	uunet!myrias!aunro!idacom!andrew
> "At it's worst, it is graceless.  At it's best, it's a quicksilver ballet."

Ehmans regular telephone number is 1-(307)-789-3830 ext.#137 (Mark Laughlin)
who I believ is the Eastern and Central Canada Rep at Ehman. Ijust bought a 45
meg Ehman external drive from Ehman 2 months ago. It took the drive 2.5 weeks
to get to my doorstep and total cost to my doorstep was $681 canadian. This is
a GREAT drive for the price. It looks great, works great, is plenty fast for my
Mac+ and is reasonably quit. I highly recommend it...

                        >>>ARUN MATHUR<<<
                Dalhousie University Medical Schoo l
                   Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada...

ls1i+@andrew.cmu.edu (Leonard John Schultz) (01/13/90)

`Ehmans regular telephone number is 1-(307)-789-3830 ext.#137 (Mark Laughlin)
`who I believ is the Eastern and Central Canada Rep at Ehman. Ijust bought a 45
`meg Ehman external drive from Ehman 2 months ago. It took the drive 2.5 weeks
`to get to my doorstep and total cost to my doorstep was $681 canadian. This is
`a GREAT drive for the price. It looks great, works great, is plenty
fast for my
`Mac+ and is reasonably quit. I highly recommend it...

But their customer service reaks to high heaven.  I excercised my 30 day
money back guarantee and that was my first experience with what they so
boldly call customer support.  Every call I made to their 1-800 number,
I was put on hold for 15 to 30 minutes.  Sometimes only my patience was
a boundary.  And whenever I wanted to talk to whoever was in charge of
my hard drive, I would get, "Oh she's not in right now.  Can I get your
name and we'll call you back."  Needless to say, they didn't.  "Oh,
she's on vacation now, all of her responsibilities are on hold for a
month, so you'll just have to wait."  For God's sake, they didn't even
know her last name when I asked.  This has to be the shoddiest operation
I have ever had experience with.  Believe me, I will never do business
with Ehman again and I would never reccomend doing business with them to
save a few dollars over companies that charge more.  It's not worth it.