[comp.sys.mac.hardware] Big monitor for Macintosh Plus

jeng@ipanema..bellcore.com (Fureching Jeng) (01/16/90)

Is there a big monitor that works with Macintosh Plus? If there is one, what
is the size of the monitor. What is the price of it? Any help will be
appreciated.

			Jeng

ez000453@deneb (01/16/90)

In article <18984@bellcore.bellcore.com> jeng@ipanema.UUCP (Fureching Jeng) writes:
>Is there a big monitor that works with Macintosh Plus? If there is one, what
Radius used to make a FPD that would attach to a Mac Plus. Don't know if it's
still marketed. Problem is that the cord to the Mac and FPD was a little
unsightly.
Also their option to add an accelerator was also a viability.

oo oo oo oo oo oo oo oo oo oo oo oo oo oo oo oo oo oo oo oo oo oo oo oo oo oo
o  COLIN ONG              Dept. Land, Air & Water Resources                 o
o  cgong@ucdavis.edu      University of California, Davis CA 95616          o
o  ez000453@deneb.ucdavis.edu                    FULLY DISCLAIMED!          o

straka@cbnewsc.ATT.COM (richard.j.straka) (01/16/90)

>In article <18984@bellcore.bellcore.com> jeng@ipanema.UUCP (Fureching Jeng) writes:
>Is there a big monitor that works with Macintosh Plus? If there is one, what
I have a Nutmeg portrait display on my Plus at work.  It has a high-quality
Xerox display (shades of the Alto), and has 720X900 pixels.  The pixel size
is roughly 90DPI (a bit small, but if you want a LOT of pixels, ...).

It has a clamp that mounts on the 68000, and a daughter board that JUST fits.
The cable comes out of the old security port.

A 2K init is all it takes to install software wise.  It's called
"no frills"; their enhanced (multi-monitor) version is not too stable
w/multifinder, though.  I'm running 4MB, 6.0.2, and ~22 inits.  Very stable.

I got it from MacConnection for $999.

I like it.  The only problem is that big windows sometimes take longer to
update (you know, LOTS of pixels to update) - no free lunch.  I therefore
tend to use smaller windows when appropriate.
--
Rich Straka     att!ihlpf!straka

MSDOS: All the wonderfully arcane syntax of UNIX(R), but without the power.