[comp.sys.mac.hardware] CD-ROM software for the mac?

chee77@jane.uh.edu (01/19/90)

I have a SCSI CD-ROM reader from Digital. Where can I get software so that it
can be used with the mac.

Since the driver cannot be written to the CD, how does this work. Does the
drive look like a read-only hard-disk in the finder?

Thanks for any advice,
-Fred

blob@apple.com (Brian Bechtel) (01/19/90)

In article <5353.25b5aa69@jane.uh.edu> chee77@jane.uh.edu writes:
> I have a SCSI CD-ROM reader from Digital. Where can I get software so
> that it can be used with the mac.

Either from Digital (hah!) or possibly from Optical Media International,
(408) 395-4332.  It depends upon who is really manufacturing the drive;
you probably have a Philips in DEC clothing.

See the article to which I recently responded in comp.sys.mac for a full
address of OMI.

> Since the driver cannot be written to the CD, how does this work.
> Does the drive look like a read-only hard-disk in the finder?

Yup, that's it exactly.

--Brian Bechtel     blob@apple.com     "My opinion, not Apple's"