[comp.sys.mac.hardware] Eye candy, the sequel: Chips for Color

kscott@cca.ucsf.edu (Kevin Scott) (01/19/90)

The best I have been able to find for a 4bit to 8bit upgrade is
$145 at a disreputable store in Berkeley.  I would like to find a better
price, mail order is not a problem.  Thanks in advance,
Anyone with info or wanting a summary of responses just write me at

kscott@socr.ucsf.edu

fellman@celece.ucsd.edu (Ronald Fellman) (01/20/90)

In article <2717@ucsfcca.ucsf.edu> kscott@cca.ucsf.edu.UUCP (Kevin Scott) writes:
>The best I have been able to find for a 4bit to 8bit upgrade is
>$145 at a disreputable store in Berkeley.  I would like to find a better
>price, mail order is not a problem.  Thanks in advance,
>Anyone with info or wanting a summary of responses just write me at
>
>kscott@socr.ucsf.edu

I did the 4 to 8 bit upgrade by buying the video RAM chips rather than
getting the so-called kit.  It cost me $80 when I did it about 1.5 years
ago.  I got it by mail from a store in San Jose whose name I can't
remember but they were unique in that they sell junk food and ICs in the
same store.

-ron

dks@shumv1.uucp (D. K. Smith) (01/20/90)

In article <7721@sdcsvax.UCSD.Edu> fellman@celece.UUCP (Ronald Fellman) writes:
> I got it by mail from a store in San Jose whose name I can't
>remember but they were unique in that they sell junk food and ICs in the
>same store.

Frye's Electronics maybe....

(whatcoastisnorthcarolinaon,anyway?)

dk smith

dks@shumv1.ncsu.edu                |                ude.uscn.1vmuhs@skd
-my opinions reflect my opinions.  |  .snoinipo ym tcelfer snoinipo ym-