[comp.sys.mac.hardware] LCDs

daw@cbnewsh.ATT.COM (David Wolverton) (01/25/90)

In article <51284@bbn.COM>, jdhill@bbn.com (Jack D. Hill) writes:
> Speaking of Hackintoshs, has anyone attemted to build one using an LCD or some
> other flat screen? I'm considering taking on such a project and would like to
> have recommendations for screens and any problems you may have had.

I'd also like to know how difficult it would be to put an LCD display
on one of the "Open Mac" (IIx, IIcx, etc.) models.  I'm thinking of
the convenience of transporting the LCD display versus a bulky, fragile
CRT.  Ideally, I'd like resolutions in the 640x480 ballpark with grayscale,
and which could be driven from a "video card" and/or the IIci internal
video generation.  Any such beastie available?  What options are there
for someone who isn't afraid of a soldering iron?

Dave Wolverton
daw@attunix.att.com