[comp.sys.mac.hardware] Mac 101 Keyboard

pete@titan.rice.edu (Pete Keleher) (01/25/90)

I have a non-ADB Mac-101 keyboard (i.e. pre-Multifinder). It is worse than
useless with Multifinder. Unless specifically inited, many of the function keys
are "dead" keys, they don't generate events.

Anybody know how to fix this up? Need I fool w/ the 'KHCR' (or something like
that) resource, and does anyone know the format?

pete
--

Pete Keleher						pete@titan.rice.edu

pete@titan.rice.edu (Pete Keleher) writes:
>I have a non-ADB Mac-101 keyboard (i.e. pre-Multifinder). It is worse than
>useless with Multifinder. Unless specifically inited, many of the function keys
>are "dead" keys, they don't generate events.

>Anybody know how to fix this up?

There is an INIT that needs to be put in the system folder to make the
function keys live and have the keyboard simulate an extended keyboard.

--

Chuq Von Rospach   <+>   chuq@apple.com   <+>   [This is myself speaking]

Everyone is not entitled to their opinion. Everyone is entitled to
    their informed opinion. -- H. Ellison
Knowledge should be spread, ignorance kept to yourself -- C. Von Rospach