[comp.sys.mac.hardware] Is OK to mix 120ns with 70ns on IICX?

mitchell@tci.bell-atl.com (Rob Mitchell) (02/06/90)

Hi,

	Basically, subject says it all.

	I have four meg RAM that are 120ns chips (I believe).  I'm
thinking about buying some more (since the price seems right); like
four more megs @$70/meg = $280.

	Anybody mix the their chips?  Does it make trailmix :)?

--

Rob Mitchell  Technology Concepts Inc.  Sudbury, MA.  01776 (508) 443-7311
      ...!uunet!tci!mitchell         mitchell@tci.bell-atl.com

kempf@tci.bell-atl.com (Cory Kempf) (02/07/90)

mitchell@tci.bell-atl.com (Rob Mitchell) writes:

>Hi,

>	Basically, subject says it all.

>	I have four meg RAM that are 120ns chips (I believe).  I'm
>thinking about buying some more (since the price seems right); like
>four more megs @$70/meg = $280.

Here is the rule:  As long as the chips are at least as fast as the
system requires, it is ok to mix speeds.  This means that you can put
120ns, 100ns, 80ns, 70ns, etc into any MacII (except the IIci).  You
can put any of the above and 150ns chips into an SE or a Plus (the
SE/30 needs 120 or better).

Has anyone heard anything about when we can get 4MB SIMMS firthe mac
in quantity?  (for a reasonable price?)

+C

--
Cory Kempf		Technology Concepts	     phone: (508) 443-7311 x341
uucp:	{anywhere}!uunet!tci!kempf, kempf@tci.bell-atl.com