[comp.sys.mac.hardware] To "Ralph" at ATT

jtn@potomac.ads.com (John T. Nelson) (02/17/90)

From: John T. Nelson <jtn@potomac.ads.com>
Subject: impressions

Well, here are my impressions on the 24 bit Rasterops board.

The colour is beautiful.  The board is fast although scrolling takes
a few seconds in 24 bit colour mode.  An accelerator is rumored to
be in the works to take care of this.

The etchings look clean although the PC board used is a LITTLE thin
for my tastes.  Nonetheless a quality job.  This board does not work
with SimCity while 32 QD is installed... no problem, just take 32 QD
out of the system folder while running SimCity.  That's the only
incompatibility I've found so far.

It's inexpensive and it does the job and generates great colour.  No
real problems so far.  Enjoy!