[comp.sys.mac.hardware] 45 Meg removable as a startup disk?

randy@polecat.llnl.gov (Randy Futor) (02/17/90)

> chuq@Apple.COM (Chuq Von Rospach) writes:
>[Would] a 45 Meg removable (syquest mechanism) drive . . . be a good startup
>disk[?]

I use my AIC as my one&only with my IIci & am very pleased with the performance
to date.  In fact, the only thing I really don't like about the AIC is the lack
of a 'power is on' light.  I tend to leave the whole rig powered & just unmount
the disk ( drag into Trash & eject the cartridge ) when I'm not going to be at
it for a while;  this is really the best of a couple of worlds in that I'm not
power-cycling the thing all the time *&* the drive isn't spinning all the time.

I like this set-up enough to tout it to others & feel that its principal defi-
ciency is its lack of a *second* removable!  The things are great!!

 -- your mileage &c. -- randy@polecat.llnl.gov    futor@ocfmail.ocf.llnl.gov