[comp.sys.mac.hardware] Adaptec 4010 SCSI<==>ST506

cspencer@spdcc.COM (Cliff Spencer) (02/19/90)

I am familiar with Adaptec's ACB 4000 from Suns. This board lets
you hook PC disks up to a SCSI interface. I have a sheet from a
surplus store advertising  the ACB 4010 as a similar board for the
Mac. Does anyoe have any experience with it?
						-cliff
--
Cliff Spencer
spdcc!cspencer 			cspencer@spdcc.com

eaw@Alliant.COM (Eric Woudenberg) (02/21/90)

In article <...> cspencer@ursa-major.spdcc.COM (Cliff Spencer) writes:
> ... the ACB 4010 ...
> Does anyoe have any experience with it?

I use an ACB 4000A on my mac, it works fine.  This is the controller
to use for drives which cannot support RLL encoding.  If you have a
drive which can support RLL, use the ACB 4010, you get about 50% more
data per track.

Sorry I don't have more specifics on which drives fit which controller.

Eric Woudenberg