[comp.sys.mac.hardware] HP plotter/Where is Levco?

cohill@vtserf.cc.vt.edu (Andrew M. Cohill) (02/22/90)

Newsgroups: comp.sys.mac.hardware
Subject: plotter connections/Where is Levco?

Does anyone have any experience hooking up H-P plotters to Macs?  We are
getting a lot of wierd garbage printing out, probably because we do not
have the right cable.  Does anyone know what Apple cable works?  We
would prefer not to buy H-P cables, since they have a bad habit of costing
$60+.

I just inherited an SE with a Levco Prodigy accelerator card in it. Did
I miss something, or did Levco go out of business?  Can't find an add
for their stuff anywhere.  I want to see if it is possible to put a
video daughterboard on their card so I can attach a big screen
on this lil critter.

If Levco has gone belly-up, can anyone recommend a replacement
accelerator card with the option to attach a big screen monitor?

Please send all replies directly to me.

cohill@vtserf.cc.vt.edu
Everyone should learn to program using punched cards....

demarsee@gamera.cns.syr.edu (Darryl E. Marsee) (02/23/90)

In article <1346@vtserf.cc.vt.edu> cohill@vtserf.cc.vt.edu (Andrew M.
Cohill) writes:

> Does anyone have any experience hooking up H-P plotters to Macs?  We are
> getting a lot of wierd garbage printing out, probably because we do not
> have the right cable.  Does anyone know what Apple cable works?  We
> would prefer not to buy H-P cables, since they have a bad habit of costing
> $60+.

Whenever I've hooked up Macs to HP plotters, I've found that it takes an
ImageWriter I cable; Imagewriter II cables will not work, nor will
"standard" serial cables.

Darryl E. Marsee
Syracuse University
<demarsee@gamera.cns.syr.edu>