[comp.sys.mac.hardware] Appletalk on a Classic Mac

adams.e@oxy.edu (Erik Adams) (02/25/90)

In <1990Feb23.222032.15344@Neon.Stanford.EDU>, ajauch@ics.uci.edu (Alexander
Edwin Jouch) writes:

>The most annoying thing missing on my 512E is appletalk.  The	512K has some
>other differences, the main one being a 400k drives.

I don't want to sound crass (well, yes I do), but ALL Macintoshes since
the beginning of all time have come with modem and printer connectors, and
therefore with appletalk connectors as well.  In fact, one of the earliest
advertising brochures boasted that every Macintosh could be connected to
an Appletalk network, and therefore to an Apple Laserwriter Printer.

As everyone and thier mother who has used a classic Mac knows, the only
significant difference Appletalk-wise is that the plug is a different
shape.	Most companies that made Appletalk connectors still make them in
the DB-9 plug.

In short, you were appalling wrong, and any look at a classic Mac will
serve as a complete empirical disconfirmation of your claim.  (I love
this sort of talk, I'm a philosophy student).

Erik
adams.e@oxy.edu
"And that be greatness only great things become great and greater greater, and
 by smallness the less becomes less." -Socrates, the Phaedo