[comp.sys.mac.hardware] Pin Configuration: Classic Mac to Modem

db9e+@andrew.cmu.edu (Darryl Britt) (02/27/90)

I need pin configurations for a Classic Mac to modem cable.  The Classic
Mac serial port is a DB-9, the modem is a DB25 (rs232).  What is the
minimum configuration that I can get away with?  The modem is a US
Robotics Courier
Hst?  Any comments on the modem???

Darryl Britt
db9e@andrew.cmu.edu

ostroff@Oswego.EDU (Boyd Ostroff) (03/02/90)

In article <YZuLFqy00WBM824pkx@andrew.cmu.edu> db9e+@andrew.cmu.edu (Darryl Britt) writes:
>I need pin configurations for a Classic Mac to modem cable.  The Classic
>Mac serial port is a DB-9, the modem is a DB25 (rs232).

DB-9 Male (Mac)               DB-25 Male (modem)
1 (FG) ---------------------- 1 (FG)
2
3+8(SG) ---------------------- 7 (SG)
4
5 (TXD) --------------------- 2 (TXD)

There is some disagreement, however on whether pin 1 (FG) on the DB25
should be connected to the ground pin on the mac as this could lead to
problems if the modem and computer are grounded differently....

--- Boyd Ostroff - Tech Director - Dept of Theatre - SUNY Oswego --
--- The CallBoard System - (315) 947-6414 1200/2400 baud --
--- !rochester!kodak!gizzmo!cboard!ostroff --
--- ostroff@oswego.oswego.edu --