[comp.sys.mac.hardware] Cheap Hard drives?

watermaa@boulder.Colorado.EDU (WATERMAN ALEXANDER S) (03/02/90)

I'm looking for the cheapest internal Quantum Pro 80 or 105 HD.
Any suggestions on where I can find one?  (The cheapest I've seen for the
105 is $799.00)  I'll buy from anywhere as long as they ship within
a week (next day air ok) and they sell it new.

Thanks for the help!

Kent Leung
watermaa@boulder.colorado.edu (this mess. posted c/o A. Waterman)

t-jacobs@cs.utah.edu (Tony Jacobs) (03/03/90)

In article <17618@boulder.Colorado.EDU> watermaa@tramp.Colorado.EDU (WATERMAN ALEXANDER S) writes:
>I'm looking for the cheapest internal Quantum Pro 80 or 105 HD.
>Any suggestions on where I can find one?  (The cheapest I've seen for the
>105 is $799.00)  I'll buy from anywhere as long as they ship within
>a week (next day air ok) and they sell it new.
>
>Kent Leung
>watermaa@boulder.colorado.edu (this mess. posted c/o A. Waterman)

Where you lookin'? MacWeek has a number of places offering them for less than
$700.
The best price is

$635
Bay Microsystems
(415)563-8392

Tony Jacobs * Center for Engineering Design * U of U * t-jacobs@cs.utah.edu

prem@ut-emx.UUCP (The Little Prince) (03/03/90)

I'm also interested in getting an internal harddrive for my soon-to-be-
here IIcx.  Specifically, does anyone know anything good/bad about
Ehman?  They had a rather attractive 80Mb Seagate mechanism internal
for 529.00 (plus shipping, no doubt) and I was wondering if anyone had
anything to say...

Thanks,

      A firm believer in the remarkable curative properties of ice cream.