[comp.sys.mac.hardware] Seikosha SP 1000 AP Printer Comments Wanted

george@swbatl.UUCP (George D. Nincehelser) (03/05/90)

I'm looking for an inexpensive dot-matrix printer for my Mac.
I've heard of the Seikosha SP 1000 AP which is supposedly
ImageWriter I compatible.  Anybody have any comments on this
printer?

BTW, what are the functional differences between an ImageWriter I
(or compatible) and an ImageWriter II?  I've used the ImageWriter II
before, so what differences should I expect to notice?

Thanks in advance.  I will summarize if it seems appropriate.

--
   /   George D. Nincehelser           \  uunet!swbatl!george       \
  / /   Southwestern Bell Telephone     \  Phone: (314) 235-6544     \

phillips@nrl-cmf.UUCP (Lee Phillips) (03/06/90)

In article <1220@swbatl.UUCP> george@swbatl.UUCP (George D. Nincehelser) writes:
>I've heard of the Seikosha SP 1000 AP which is supposedly
>ImageWriter I compatible.  Anybody have any comments on this

I've used this Seikosha for a couple of years (light use) with no
problems.  The Mac just thinks that it's an Imagewriter.  You use the
Imagewriter driver, etc. The salesman told me that sometimes it messes
up on bit-mapped graphics; I don't print pictures enough to comment on
that.

                                           Lee Phillips
                                           phillips@cmf.nrl.navy.mil