[comp.sys.mac.hardware] 3.5" internal Mac II disk brackets-Help!

) (03/08/90)

Hi,

We have 2 Mac II systems, each with 2 floppy drives in them.  We also have some
3.5 inch hard disks we would like to mount inside the case as internal drives.

Does anyone know where we can get a bracket that mounts such a disk in the Mac
II 5.25" HD position in the MAC II?

Any help would be appreciated.

Phil Hunt

Justin_Randall_Padawer@cup.portal.com (03/11/90)

I had the same problem recently.  The way I did it:  Make a template from
cardboard delineating where the screws go in the 3.5 drive; then have your
hardware store drill holes in your drive platform to fit your drive.
I'm sure there is a more elegant way.  Nevertheless, this worked for me.
:-)
  --Randy Padawer

yerga@cory.Berkeley.EDU (Chris Yerga) (03/12/90)

phil@vaxphw.enet.dec.com (At MAC'simum efficiency!) writes:

>We have 2 Mac II systems, each with 2 floppy drives in them.  We also have some
>3.5 inch hard disks we would like to mount inside the case as internal drives.
>
>Does anyone know where we can get a bracket that mounts such a disk in the Mac
>II 5.25" HD position in the MAC II?

In their ad in the March MacUser and MacWorld, MacZone advertises a section
about how to "Design a MacZone drive." They show a 3.5" mouting bracket for
$38. This is cheaper than others I've seen. 1-800-248-0800

Chris