[comp.sys.mac.hardware] Colorcard/24 w/accelerator and computereyes/pro

rick@wam.umd.edu (Frederick E. Brown) (03/13/90)

Hi!  I just bought a Supermac Colorcard/24 with the accelerator
option for my cx.  I hear that it takes a lot of power from the nubus.
I was thinking of also getting computereyes/pro but didn't know if it
would work with the colorcard.  Exactly how much juice does the colorcard
/accelerator take?  How much can the cx furnish?  How 'bout the
computereyes/pro card?  Anyone have both in their cx?  Any comments/help
would be appreciated.

rick@wam.umd.edu

mjkobb@mit-amt.MEDIA.MIT.EDU (Michael J Kobb) (03/14/90)

In article <9003131529.AA28006@cscwam.umd.edu> rick@wam.umd.edu (Frederick E. Brown) writes:
>Hi!  I just bought a Supermac Colorcard/24 with the accelerator
>option for my cx.  I hear that it takes a lot of power from the nubus.
>I was thinking of also getting computereyes/pro but didn't know if it
>would work with the colorcard.  Exactly how much juice does the colorcard
>/accelerator take?  How much can the cx furnish?  How 'bout the
>computereyes/pro card?  Anyone have both in their cx?  Any comments/help
>would be appreciated.

If I remember correctly, SuperMac claims that the combo pulls four
amps...  If you imagine, therefore, that it is TWO boards, not one,
then you've got a pretty good estimate of whether it will work.
You should get an estimate of how many boards the computereyes
product is equivalent to.  If that plus 2 > 3, you may be in for
it.....

--Mike

P.S.  Congrats on purchasing a great video card.  I'm very happy with
mine, and I'll probably upgrade with the accelerator real soon....