[net.columbia] Challenger Explodes

faunt@hplabs.UUCP (Doug Faunt) (01/30/86)

I'm feeling a lot of grief.

Two items:
Can we produce a complete listing of showings of "The Dream is Alive",
considering the subject, and the rather appropriate title?

(open can of worms, don fire-proof suit)
Maybe we should rename the news-group net.challenger, in memoriam?

--
    ....!hplabs!faunt	faunt@hplabs.ARPA    415-655-8604
HP is not responsible for anything I say here.  In fact, what I say here

rjnoe@riccb.UUCP (Roger J. Noe) (01/31/86)

> I'm feeling a lot of grief.
>
> Maybe we should rename the news-group net.challenger, in memoriam?
> --
>     ....!hplabs!faunt	faunt@hplabs.ARPA    415-655-8604

Your grief is understood and shared by all.  But if (IF) the group is to be
renamed, it may as well be net.space.shuttle.
--
	Roger Noe			ihnp4!riccb!rjnoe

west@gargoyle.UUCP (Steve Westfall) (01/31/86)

In article <616@riccb.UUCP> rjnoe@riccb.UUCP (Roger J. Noe) writes:

>Your grief is understood and shared by all.  But if (IF) the group is to be
>renamed, it may as well be net.space.shuttle.
>--
>	Roger Noe			ihnp4!riccb!rjnoe

I agree.  I was *profoundly* moved and wept over our loss,
but net.space.shuttle makes a lot of sense.

But more importantly, the LAST thing we need right now is a raging
debate, with lots of flames, over renaming this group.  I suggest that
we wait for 30 days after Friday's memorial service, then
have our renaming discussion.

Steve Westfall		      uucp:    ihnp4!gargoyle!west
Univ. of Chicago
Graduate School of Business

stuart@ssc-vax.UUCP (Stuart Lewis) (02/02/86)

> > Maybe we should rename the news-group net.challenger, in memoriam?
> > --
> Your grief is understood and shared by all.  But if (IF) the group is to be
> renamed, it may as well be net.space.shuttle.
> --
> 	Roger Noe			ihnp4!riccb!rjnoe

Bad idea of the week award.

Cast my "yea" vote for net.challenger