[comp.sys.mac.hardware] Looking for slide makers

roy@alanine.phri.nyu.edu (Roy Smith) (03/21/90)

	Can anybody recommend any slide makers which can be driven by a
Mac?  We want to be able to make our own slides without having to send them
out to a slide making service.  The ads in the back of MacWeek don't seem
to have any of these listed, but I'm sure they must exist.
455 First Avenue, New York, NY 10016
roy@alanine.phri.nyu.edu -OR- {att,philabs,cmcl2,rutgers,hombre}!phri!roy
"My karma ran over my dogma"

toster@watson.bcm.tmc.edu (Tom Oster) (03/21/90)

The Nov. 1989 issue of MacUser  p. 156 has reviews of seven film recorders
for the Mac.
Good article - hope it helps.    - Tom

Tom Oster
Baylor College of Medicine
toster@watson.bcm.tmc.edu
Opinions expressed here are mine alone.

bmug@garnet.berkeley.edu (BMUG) (03/22/90)

In article <1990Mar20.203308.13949@phri.nyu.edu> roy@alanine.phri.nyu.edu (Roy Smith) writes:

>	Can anybody recommend any slide makers which can be driven by a
>Mac?

Two to be considered would be the Lasergraphics LFR1 and the Presentation
Technologies Montage FR1.  I can say from experience with the latter that
it is a good machine, and the former has gotten very good reviews (the
most recent in MacWeek 2/27/90).  Combined with software like Freedom of
Press, they are excellent at producing high quality color output.

John Heckendorn
                                                             /\
BMUG                      ARPA: bmug@garnet.berkeley.EDU    A__A
1442A Walnut St., #62     BITNET: bmug@ucbgarne             |()|
Berkeley, CA  94709       Phone: (415) 549-2684             |  |

Leo.Bores@f14.n114.z1.fidonet.org (Leo Bores) (03/23/90)

In an article of <20 Mar 90 20:33:08 GMT>, roy@alanine.phri.nyu.edu (Roy Smith)
writes:

 RS>        Can anybody recommend any slide makers which can be driven by a
 RS>Mac?  We want to be able to make our own slides without having to send
 RS>them
 RS>out to a slide making service.  The ads in the back of MacWeek don't
 RS>seem
 RS>to have any of these listed, but I'm sure they must exist.

The Agfa Slidewriter is one, the Matrix is another. There are at least 4 more.
MacUser had a review in Nov. '89.

I've used the SlideWriter, it's slow but has the best resolution of all of them
(also most expensive).

Leo Bores, M.D.

--
Uucp: ...{gatech,ames,rutgers}!ncar!asuvax!stjhmc!14!Leo.Bores
Internet: Leo.Bores@f14.n114.z1.fidonet.org