[comp.sys.mac.hardware] HELP : IIcx and La Cie int. hd installation.

hamdyz@prism.CS.ORST.EDU (Zikif Hamdy) (03/24/90)

I just got my internal hd from La Cie. The trouble is I can't find
any instructions how to install this hd. I get the cables (SCSI,
power) and a bracket.

Please someone out there who is experienced in installing an internal
hd in a IIcx give a direction. Please....

PLEASE E-MAIL TO ME. I am very busy doing my homework.

Thank you. Thank you. Thank you.

Zikif Hamdy
hamdyz@prism.CS.ORST.EDU

mjkobb@mit-amt.MEDIA.MIT.EDU (Michael J Kobb) (03/25/90)

In article <17082@orstcs.CS.ORST.EDU> hamdyz@prism.CS.ORST.EDU (Zikif Hamdy) writes:
>I just got my internal hd from La Cie. The trouble is I can't find
>any instructions how to install this hd. I get the cables (SCSI,
>power) and a bracket.

  I emailed this fellow and suggested that he call LaCie's tech support people
(800-999-0143 if anyone else cares).  So far, my (only) complaint with LaCie
is that they didn't sent me an installation manual, either.  My HD is
external, so it doesn't really matter to me, but not to send one with an
internal is an outrage.

  When I called them and asked them if there was supposed to be a manual, they
told me that it was unclear, and that it was in rewrite.  They had stopped
including it with the drives while the rewrite was in progress.  Does this
sound like a dumb move to anyone else?

  Other than that, though, LaCie's drives are small, quiet and fast.  I love
mine.

--Mike

wiseman@tellab5.tellabs.com (Jeff Wiseman) (03/28/90)

In article <17082@orstcs.CS.ORST.EDU> hamdyz@prism.CS.ORST.EDU (Zikif Hamdy) writes:
>I just got my internal hd from La Cie. The trouble is I can't find
>any instructions how to install this hd. I get the cables (SCSI,
>power) and a bracket.

Something seems a little odd. You should have gotten a separate manual from
LaCie that illustrates these things.

In any event, LaCie has a 1-800 number for free technical support and they are
very good at this!

--
Jeff Wiseman:	....uunet!tellab5!wiseman OR wiseman@TELLABS.COM