[comp.sys.mac.hardware] low-cost printers for Mac

philip@Kermit.Stanford.EDU (Philip Machanick) (03/28/90)

Someone I know is looking for a low-cost printer for a Mac. Does anyone
make printer drivers for non-Apple products? Are there adapters for parallel
interfaces, such as Epson? What of Imagewriter clones?

Please e-mail experiences of any of the above; I'll summarize.

Philip Machanick
philip@pescadero.stanford.edu

kseah@cs.utexas.edu (Kenneth Cheng-Lim Seah) (03/28/90)

In article <1990Mar27.185452.15089@Neon.Stanford.EDU> philip@pescadero.stanford.edu writes:
>Someone I know is looking for a low-cost printer for a Mac. Does anyone
>make printer drivers for non-Apple products? Are there adapters for parallel
>interfaces, such as Epson? What of Imagewriter clones?

I believe that there is a cheap Seikosha Imagewriter clone (IW I i
believe) going for around $250 or so.

--
Kenneth Seah (kseah@cs.utexas.edu)
Computer Science Department, University of Texas at Austin