[comp.sys.mac.hardware] MNP modem trouble with Ymodem

ogawa@sm.sony.co.jp (Masato Ogawa) (04/09/90)

I asked my friend for his trouble..

  He has a microComm 9X12 modem; 2400baud/MNP class 7, with microPhone II.
He tried to send data by them in 9600buad and succeeded with Xmodem.
He wanted more speed and failed with Ymodem. Mac has hanged. By his guess,
this trouble occurs when hardware handshake begins. Because Xmodemo is too
slow to involve the handshake.
  He wants to know the cable connection, but  that should be correct, I think.

						ogawa@sm.sony.co.jp

Sony						$@%=%K!<!J3t!K(B

Masato Ogawa					$@>.@n(B  $@2m?M(B

jxc@lambda.UUCP (Jeff Chow) (04/09/90)

In article <OGAWA.90Apr9121438@oga0.sm.sony.co.jp>, ogawa@sm.sony.co.jp (Masato Ogawa) writes:
> He tried to send data by them in 9600buad and succeeded with Xmodem.
> He wanted more speed and failed with Ymodem. Mac has hanged....

Try to turn off MNP and flow control of the modems at both ends.  It works
for me that way.
Jeff Chow	(505)667-7033		| internet: jxc@lanl.gov
MS B296, Los Alamos National Laboratory	| bitnet:   jxc@lanl
Los Alamos, NM 87545			| uucp:     ...!lanl!jxc%beta

ogawa@sm.sony.co.jp (Masato Ogawa) (04/11/90)

In article <14314@lambda.UUCP> jxc@lambda.UUCP (Jeff Chow) writes:
 > In article <OGAWA.90Apr9121438@oga0.sm.sony.co.jp>, ogawa@sm.sony.co.jp (Masato Ogawa) writes:
 > > He tried to send data by them in 9600buad and succeeded with Xmodem.
 > > He wanted more speed and failed with Ymodem. Mac has hanged....
 >
 > Try to turn off MNP and flow control of the modems at both ends.  It works
 > for me that way.

Thank you.
But then did you also have the same troble?
He wants to use turbo mode of MNP 7, because that is the fastest way to
send data with 2400  line.

Why giving up flow control... whose bug, or mis-use?