[net.columbia] In memoriam...

roman@sigma.UUCP (Bill Roman) (01/31/86)

It isn't just the loss of seven lives and the destruction of a
wonderful, beautiful machine... it was a dream we all shared that
exploded and fell from the sky.

Don Chitwood at Tektronix (donch@teklabs) asked about how
individuals could help support the shuttle program.  I found the
following in the Seattle Post-Intelligencer Thursday January 30,
1986:

  And for the rest of us who may want to do something, the U.S. Space
Foundation has established a special fund in memory of the astronauts.
  The foundation pledged $10,000 to the fund, Executive Director
Richard McLeod said.  Proceeds will go toward building another
shuttle, he said.
  "The seven astronauts would have wanted the program to continue,"
McLeod said, "and the fund provides a way for people to recognize
their heroism and achievements and to help us realize their goals."
  The Space Shuttle Fund address is P.O. Box 51-L, Colorado Springs,
Colo. 80901.

-----

And I, too, support renaming this newsgroup net.challenger.
--
Bill Roman	{ihnp4,decvax,allegra,...}!uw-beaver!tikal!sigma!roman

Summation, Inc.
18702 142nd Ave NE
Woodinville, WA 98072
(206) 486-0991

In article <600@sigma.UUCP> roman@sigma.UUCP () writes:

>  And for the rest of us who may want to do something, the U.S. Space
>Foundation has established a special fund in memory of the astronauts.
>  The foundation pledged $10,000 to the fund, Executive Director
>Richard McLeod said.  Proceeds will go toward building another
>shuttle, he said.
>  The Space Shuttle Fund address is P.O. Box 51-L, Colorado Springs,
>Colo. 80901.

        Good idea. I will send in my contribution immediately after
I get my next paycheck! Why not everyone on the net send in at least
$16.
--

                                Sarima (Stanley Friesen)

ARPA: ttidca!psivax!friesen@rand-unix.arpa