[comp.sys.mac.hardware] Expanding SE/30

lander@bulean.enet.dec.com (Vadim Lander) (04/11/90)

For you, hardware gurus:

	Is there any way of taking a logic board out of the SE/30 and putting
it into a rectangular case?  I would think that it's possible to come up with
some sort of a multiplexer to provide for additional expansion slots.  Also,
how would the video connections work?  The same power supply could be used
because there would be no screen to power.

	How is the processor direct slot in SE/30 different from the one in
other II's?

	It seems to me that a IIcx can be made out of SE/30 with a little bit
of work.

fozzard@boulder.Colorado.EDU (Richard Fozzard) (04/13/90)

In article <10163@shlump.nac.dec.com> lander@bulean.enet.dec.com (Vadim Lander) writes:

>For you, hardware gurus:
>	It seems to me that a IIcx can be made out of SE/30 with a little bit
>of work.

It be done far more easily by just adding a NUBUS expansion chassis from
Second Wave (about $1K)

Richard Fozzard					"Serendipity empowers"
Univ of Colorado/CIRES/NOAA	R/E/FS  325 Broadway, Boulder, CO 80303
fozzard@boulder.colorado.edu                   (303)497-6011 or 444-3168