[comp.sys.mac.hardware] FDHD: Found Problem - External 800K Drive...

ogawa@sm.sony.co.jp (Masato Ogawa) (05/01/90)

In article <P5Z#RF|@rpi.edu> frontah@pawl9.pawl.rpi.edu (David J Sotnick) writes:
 > I have found the cause of my problems, although this shouldn't be a problem.
 > I recently borrowed a friend's external 800K Drive, and ever since I have had
 > this drive connected to my Mac IIcx, the internal FDHD has been getting read
 > errors with High Density disks. This shouldn't be happening, correct? Is it
 > true that the external drive port on the IIcx is for 800K drives?

I wonder if I should followed to your article.
I have an opposite problem. I have an Cutting Edge 800K. It worked well on
my Mac SE. Now I upgraded to SE/30, then it doesn't work. I tested this drive
on another SE/30, a IIcx. The results are same. Sometimes it tells me "this
disk needs minor repair". In another case, disk icon are shown on desktop, and
some files can open (or run), but others fail (disk error).
  But apple's original external 800K works well both SE and SE/30, IIcx.
And this Cutting Edge drive works on SE!

  I wrote about this to Cutting Edge, but no response yet.

Masato Ogawa					Sony corp.

ogawa@sm.sony.co.jp				Tokyo, Japan