[comp.sys.mac.hardware] Current Simm Fluctuations

kscott@cgl.ucsf.edu (05/04/90)

d88-sli@nada.kth.se (Stefan Lindmark) writes:
>At least that is what MacConnection claims in their 100+ add in MacWorld.
>Have anyone ordered SIMMs lately? What prices did you get?

In trying to followup on this, I realize I do not have The Chip Merchant's
number any more, unless I find it I can not give you their prices and they
are usually among the best

DramCo already has lowered its prices since the april 29th issue of computer
currents, they are now   100ns  $74     (415)398-2987
			  80ns  $76
			  70ns  $79

As opposed to $77,79,81  for chips with the equivalent timing advertised pg 82.
I would theorize that some people upgrading to and fx would be dumping their
old chips on the market, but I wouldn't expect a profound effect.

hammersslammers1@oxy.edu (David J. Harr) (05/04/90)

I called Chip Merchant yesterday (can't give you the phone number because I
live inside California and so I have to use their local number. I am lazy,
so I always just call directory assistance.) Anyway, they were quoting
$62.50 for 80 nanosecprobably for use in the Just another
data point...

David