[comp.sys.mac.hardware] SIMM prices rising?

d88-sli@nada.kth.se (Stefan Lindmark) (05/03/90)

At least that is what MacConnection claims in their 100+ add in MacWorld.
Have anyone ordered SIMMs lately? What prices did you get?

--
Stefan Lindmark  Email: d88-sli@nada.kth.se  Snail-mail: Don't even bother...

ostroff@Oswego.EDU (Boyd Ostroff) (05/04/90)

In article <1990May3.130552.5948@kth.se> d88-sli@nada.kth.se (Stefan Lindmark) writes:

>At least that is what MacConnection claims in their 100+ add in MacWorld.
>Have anyone ordered SIMMs lately? What prices did you get?

I just ordered 4 MB of 80ns 1MB SIMMS from Chip Merchant (619) 268-4774 on
Monday 4/30; they arrived Wednesday.  The cost was $62.50 each, which is
down from the $69 of 3 or 4 weeks ago and also better than the $65 (I think)
they were advertising in the current MacWeek.  Therefore, I wouldn't
believe what you read in that ad... :-)

henry@chinet.chi.il.us (Henry C. Schmitt) (05/05/90)

In article <1990May3.130552.5948@kth.se> d88-sli@nada.kth.se (Stefan Lindmark) writes:

>At least that is what MacConnection claims in their 100+ add in MacWorld.
>Have anyone ordered SIMMs lately? What prices did you get?

I've been hearing this rumor for a while but haven't seen any
evidence.  Prices have stopped dropping, but I haven't seen them go
up.

I just ordered memory from Delta Research Labs in CA and they
charged $63 per for 80ns. and $62 per for 100ns.  Shipping was $5.50
for UPS Ground.  Look in the back of MacWEEK for their ad.

--
  H3nry C. Schmitt     | CompuServe: 72275,1456  (Rarely)
 Royal Inn of Yoruba   | UUCP: Henry@chinet.chi.il.us  (Best Bet)