[comp.sys.mac.hardware] 1MB SIMMs --> extra heat?

evett@drinkme.umd.edu (Matt Evett) (05/09/90)

I am upgrading my Plus from 1MB to 4MB and am wondering if I should worry
about any extra heat the new memory chips might pump into the chassis.
Also, do I need to worry about the additional (is there one?) drain on the
power source?

Thanks,
	Matt

--
		Matt Evett
		Dept.Comp.Sci., University of Maryland, College Park, Maryland.

In article <EVETT.90May8131120@drinkme.umd.edu> evett@drinkme.umd.edu (Matt Evett) writes:

>I am upgrading my Plus from 1MB to 4MB and am wondering if I should worry
>about any extra heat the new memory chips might pump into the chassis.
>Also, do I need to worry about the additional (is there one?) drain on the
>power source?

The standard answer is that the 1MB chips create less heat than the 256KB
chips, and draw less power.  I would add that you should make sure the
technicians adjust the power supply to the correct voltages after installing
the upgrade.
][, ][+, ///, ///+, //e, //c, IIGS, //c+ --- Any questions?