[comp.sys.mac.hardware] SID II kit question

murat@farcomp.UUCP (Murat Konar) (05/25/90)

In article <8085@odin.corp.sgi.com> pho@dilow.esd.sgi.com writes:
[some deleted; talks about the SID II kit]
>commercially available? How about software? I heard of a product called
>MacRecorder (?) that is suppose to be very good. I have seem the software part
>of that package called SoundEdit. Now that is some sound editing package!
>Does this SID kit by Cedar have software like this (even if their hardware is
>better, it wouldn't be as good overall if it lacked in software support). Any
>other info would be appreciated.

Well, first of all, if you have SoundEdit but not MacRecorder, you probably
have SoundEdit illegally (can you say piracy?  Of course you can.).  Even so,
I'm glad you like it.

My understanding is that the SID II is a functional equivalent of the
MacRecorder and offers no new functionality or increased performance.  And you
have to put it together.

Farallon sells MacRecorder (hardware) and SoundEdit (software) in a bundle for
a list price of $249.  Street prices are around $165.  That's a pretty good
price for a dynamite piece of software and a digitizer (no assembly required).
Also included are tools for integrating sound into Hypercard.

For a more unbiased review of the MacRecorder Sound System, check out the
December 1989 issue of MacWorld.

Disclaimer:  I have no connection with Farallon Computing except as a satisfied
             employee.
Have a day. :^|
Murat N. Konar
murat@farcomp.UUCP             -or-          farcomp!murat@apple.com

murat@farcomp.UUCP (Murat Konar) (05/26/90)

In article <202@farcomp.UUCP> murat@farcomp.UUCP (Murat Konar<-that's me!)
writes:
>In article <8085@odin.corp.sgi.com> pho@dilow.esd.sgi.com writes:
>[some deleted; talks about the SID II kit]
>>commercially available? How about software? I heard of a product called
>>MacRecorder (?) that is suppose to be very good. I have seem the software part
>>of that package called SoundEdit. Now that is some sound editing package!
>>Does this SID kit by Cedar have software like this (even if their hardware is
>>better, it wouldn't be as good overall if it lacked in software support). Any
>>other info would be appreciated.
>
>Well, first of all, if you have SoundEdit but not MacRecorder, you probably
>have SoundEdit illegally (can you say piracy?  Of course you can.).  Even so,
>I'm glad you like it.

It was pointed out to me that my message appeared to be accusing the
it was not the intent of my post and I apologize if anyone's feelings
were hurt.  I was only trying to point out that SoundEdit and
MacRecorder are not available separately.

Again, my apologies.