[comp.sys.mac.hardware] summary of fax modem info

carlo@merlin.cvs.rochester.edu (Carlo Tiana) (05/30/90)

In article <May.24.16.10.09.1990.3872@cream.rutgers.edu> macneil@cream.rutgers.edu (Dan MacNeil) writes:

>Summary of info about mac compatible fax modems
>Respondents:
>carlo@cvs.rochester.edu (Carlo Tiana)
>Abaton tech support is cooperative but at times their advice conflicts
>with their well written manual. There is not now a known way to change
>the timeouts on Abaton fax modems/fax software, so they don`t "give
>up" if it takes a long time to establish a connection to a remote fax
>machine.

As I believe I am the person who pointed this out to Dan, I feel like I
ought to now update this: Rich Blanchard suggested adding commas at the end
of the phone number to make the InterFax wait longer before hanging up.
This works very well, and I no longer have this problem.

Carlo.

carlo@cvs.rochester.edu