[comp.sys.mac.hardware] Help Needed w. Toshiba CDROM Drive

barry@wolman.prime.com (06/05/90)

While re-organizing a lab that I "inherited" in a recent regorganization
I discovered a new Toshiba XM-3201B CD-ROM sitting in a box.  This is a
SCSI device, so I'd like to hook it up to the Mac II in the lab.
Unfortunately, a) no software came with the drive, and b) there is NO
address listed for Toshiba anywhere in the manual or on the box.

I'll try to track down the local Toshiba distibutor to see if I can
obtain the necessary software.  However, perhaps someone on the Net
can help.

Has anyone successfully used the XM-3201B on a Mac? If so, could you
send me the driver software (best) or the address/phone of the group in
Toshiba the markets this device?  Is it possible that the driver Apple
ships with their CD-ROM drive would work?

Thanks in advance,
	Barry

Barry Wolman                      | barry@s66.prime.com
Principal Technical Consultant    | 500 Old Connecticut Path
Prime Computer                    | Framingham, MA 01701

blob@apple.com (Brian Bechtel) (06/06/90)

In article <226700007@wolman> barry@wolman.prime.com writes:
> Has anyone successfully used the XM-3201B on a Mac? If so, could you
> send me the driver software (best) or the address/phone of the group in
> Toshiba the markets this device?

The driver Apple ships with the AppleCD SC drive is specific to our drive.
You can contact Toshiba at

  Toshiba America
  9740 Irvine Blvd.
  Irvine, CA 92713
  Tel: 714.583-3000

or contact Optical Media International.  They sell a driver that works
with most CD-ROM drives, including the Toshiba.

  Optical Media International
  485 Alberto Way
  Los Gatos, CA 95032
  Tel: 408.395-4332