[comp.sys.mac.hardware] HP BubbleJet printer

derek@leah.Albany.Edu (Derek L. / MacLover) (06/03/90)

	Recently I've worked in an office with an IBM PS/2 Model 60 and a
Mac IIx.  The IIx runs a LaserWriter IInt, the PS/2-60 an HP BubbleJet printer
running a software PostScript emulator (who the heck first started using
capital letters in the middle of every product name, anyway?  Sheesh!), which
was either GoScript or GhostScript, I can't remember which (I know the latter
exists, but my memory tells me it was the former -- and there are those darned
InterCaps again! :-).

	Anyway, the BubbleJet was a quiet, smooth running and intelligent
piece of machinery that apppeared to have no problems.  The method of printing
was interesting and didn't smudge at all if you used good paper.  And most
important, its price was about $700.  Whether or not this included the PS
software, I don't recall, but its cost wasn't that high either -- around $250.

	I have been told that there are no plans to make the BubbleJet Mac-
compatable, and this distresses me, because it seems to have SUCH a ready-made
market -- *I'd* buy one straight off.  Anyone here have information concerning
the printer, the emulator, or similar hardware?  Post or e-mail, the latter
preferred.  (I'll summerize if there's any news).

			thanks,

						Derek L.
--
       BITnet: derek@albnyvms          | Macintosh Guru / Monty Python fanatic
  -| InterNet: derek@uacsc1.albany.edu |Consultant & Student Asst.@ SUNY-Albany

stevem@hpvcfs1.HP.COM (Steve Miller) (06/06/90)

>... an HP BubbleJet printer
>running a software PostScript emulator ...
>  Anyway, the BubbleJet was a quiet, smooth running and intelligent

HP doesn't make a printer called the BubbleJet.  You may be referring to
the HP DeskJet/DeskJet+.  These printers do have a Mac version called the
DeskWriter.  On the other hand, you may be talking about Cannon's BubbleJet
printers.

Steven Miller

derek@leah.Albany.Edu (Derek L. / MacLover) (06/06/90)

In article <19640019@hpvcfs1.HP.COM> stevem@hpvcfs1.HP.COM (Steve Miller) writes:
>>  Anyway, the BubbleJet was a quiet, smooth running and intelligent
>
>HP doesn't make a printer called the BubbleJet.  You may be referring to
>the HP DeskJet/DeskJet+.  These printers do have a Mac version called the
>DeskWriter.  On the other hand, you may be talking about Cannon's BubbleJet
>printers.

	Yep, sorry, I was indeed talking about the Cannon Bubblejet 130.
Sorry, I checked that the next day and hadn't had a chance to correct...
(after all, HP makes so many printers that kind of slip is natural!) :-)

>Steven Miller

						Derek L.