[comp.sys.mac.hardware] Need MacPlus schematics

fariss@ptolemy.arc.nasa.gov (Gary B. Fariss) (06/05/90)

My MacPlus just smoked resistor R1 on the analog board.  Where can I
find a schematic so as to see what R1 does and what component caused
abnormal current to flow through R1?

Thanks Net!

73, Gary B. Fariss        fariss@pluto.arc.nasa.gov             W6KYF @N6LDL
                          Recom Technologies, Inc. @ NASA Ames  415/694-3181
                          Mountain View, California 94035

gordon@milton.acs.washington.edu (Gordon Davisson) (06/07/90)

In article <5882@maslow.ptolemy.arc.nasa.gov> fariss@ptolemy.arc.nasa.gov (Gary B. Fariss) writes:
>My MacPlus just smoked resistor R1 on the analog board.  Where can I
>find a schematic so as to see what R1 does and what component caused
>abnormal current to flow through R1?

I don't know where you can get schematics, but I can tell you a little
about R1: it's part of the shaping circuitry for the horizontal deflection,
and it's hooked up in parallel with L3, that funny-looking inductor next
to it.  I've seen R1 get cooked because of a bad connection to L3.  Oh,
and if the color bands on R1 are no longer readable, it's supposed to be
220 Ohms (I think -- I'm looking at an n'th generation photocopy of a
schematic made by a defunct company, and it isn't particularly readable).

--
Gordon Davisson
Westwind Computing	(206) 632-8141