[comp.sys.mac.hardware] Apple IIGS keyboard on a Mac II ?

rprohask@orion.oac.uci.edu (Robert Prohaska) (06/29/90)

Does anybody know if the extended keyboard for the Apple II GS
will work with a Mac II?  The size is more convenient and I like
the feel better than my Mac extended keyboard.  It appears to be
an ADB device, but does anybody know for sure?

consp22@bingsuns.cc.binghamton.edu (Darren Handler) (06/29/90)

Yes the keyboards for the Macs and the IIGS are interchangeable.
I have done it before.

|  Consp22@Bingsuns.pod.binghamton.edu  |  SUNY-B Computer Consultants -      |
|  Consp22@Bingvaxu.cc.binghamton.edu   |  Trying to keep the world safe from |
|---------------------------------------|  the SUNY-B Computer users.         |
|  Consultant/Techie - World Computers  |-------------------------------------|
|  Computer Cons. - SUNY Binghamton     |     Darren `Mac Hack' Handler       |
I don't know if I am going to heaven or hell, I just hope God grades on a curve

In article <268A794D.10918@orion.oac.uci.edu> rprohask@orion.oac.uci.edu (Robert Prohaska) writes:

>Does anybody know if the extended keyboard for the Apple II GS
>will work with a Mac II?  The size is more convenient and I like
>the feel better than my Mac extended keyboard.  It appears to be
>an ADB device, but does anybody know for sure?

There is no 'extended keyboard for the IIGS'.  There is a IIGS keyboard,
the same as the standard mac keyboard but in a smaller case.  It is
an ADB device and will work fine with the mac.
The extended keyboard does seem to have two flavors-- the original one
and the current one -- perhaps someone had one of them on the IIGS you saw.

Does anyone know the difference between the original and the new
extended keyboards?  (I've never seen the new one)
][, ][+, ///, ///+, //e, //c, IIGS, //c+ --- Any questions?
      George:  Read your OWN lips