[comp.sys.mac.hardware] Viva 2400 MNP5 ext. modem f/sale

Irv.Kanode@p3.f53.n114.z1.fidonet.org (Irv Kanode) (07/02/90)

> From: roskar@jhunix.HCF.JHU.EDU (Veljko Roskar)
>
> We have several Computer Peripherals' VIVA 2400 MNP5 external
> modems for sale. They are brand new, in unopened packages
> (we decided to upgrade).
>

> The modem is fully Hayes AT Command Set compatible, (down to S
> register level). That includes the Extended AT command set for
> MNP level 2-5 control and hardware handshake. The modem supports
> 9600-300 bps synchronous/asynch rates. It comes in an atractive,
> modern upright case designed for continuous use, with LED ICON
> indicators and a faux-marble weighed base.
> It is approved for use in Canada.
>
> I can supply the proper hardware-handshake cables for the
> Macintosh computers.
>
> Price is a firm $195, includes UPS shipping.  $185 each for 3 or
> more.
>
> The non MNP5 VIVA 2400 modem is advertised at mail-order
> discounters for $177.

 The non MNP5 VIVA 2400 modem is available at Price Club outlets for $99.
Price
Club  has stores in ARiaon, the North East and in California.  This is a great
2400 baud modem for $99.

--
Uucp: ...{gatech,ames,rutgers}!ncar!asuvax!stjhmc!53.3!Irv.Kanode
Internet: Irv.Kanode@p3.f53.n114.z1.fidonet.org

roskar@jhunix.HCF.JHU.EDU (Veljko Roskar) (07/03/90)

My apologies for quoting the price for the VIVA 2400 modem as $177.  We realized
that we were being fooled by our supplier.  In lieu of that
we are willing to sell the VIVA 2400MNP5 modems for $169 each.

Thank you.

Best regards,

Veljko Roskar                        BITNET:  roskar@jhuvms.bitnet
Department of Chemical Engineering INTERNET:  roskar@jhuvms.hcf.jhu.edu
   The Johns Hopkins University        UUCP:  uunet!mimsy!aplcen!jhunix!roskar
     Baltimore, Maryland 21218        VOICE:  301-338-7054
	      U.S.A