[comp.sys.mac.hardware] Switchhitting

Guy.Palmer@f444.n161.z1.FIDONET.ORG (Guy Palmer) (06/16/90)

Hi all,
        A friend of mine wants to find out whether or not there are printers
out there in the big blue world that can work with BOTH the mighty
MAcinslosh, AND the...I am ashamed to say it, PC. Heaven's knows why ANYONE
would want to work on both machines, but my friend seems to have this twisted
desire.
        A little additional info: My friend has found that there are
virtually no machines (That is laser printers) that can receive output from
both machines. It seems that you are either dealing with one camp or the
other. And although He is well off financially he doesn't relish the idea of
gettting two separate laser printers.$$$$ ANY INPUT Will be gratefully
accepted. TA TA!!

--
Guy Palmer - via FidoNet node 1:125/777
    UUCP: ...!sun!hoptoad!fidogate!161!444!Guy.Palmer

In article <5401.269131A9@fidogate.FIDONET.ORG> Guy.Palmer@f444.n161.z1.FIDONET.ORG (Guy Palmer) writes:
>        A little additional info: My friend has found that there are
>virtually no machines (That is laser printers) that can receive output from
>both machines. It seems that you are either dealing with one camp or the
>other. And although He is well off financially he doesn't relish the idea of
>gettting two separate laser printers.$$$$ ANY INPUT Will be gratefully
>accepted. TA TA!!

Well, the Apple Laserwriter comes to mind, with at least two ways to do it--
one is to put the PC on AppleTalk, the other is to connect them with a
serial A/B box and use a direct-connect LaserWriter driver on the Mac. (No,
I don't know where to get such a driver, but I have seen it mentioned...)
][, ][+, ///, ///+, //e, //c, IIGS, //c+ --- Any questions?
		Hey!  Bush has NO LIPS!