[comp.sys.mac.hardware] Toshiba XM-3201B CD-ROM driver

isr@rodan.acs.syr.edu (Michael S. Schechter - ISR group account) (07/09/90)

Hi, i've got a Toshiba XM-3201B that was originally meant for a
IBM machine of a friend, now I've got this bare drive sitting here.
Questions I've got are:
1. Would the apple CD-ROM software work with this drive?
2. Will the drive work correctly if all i do is get a 50pin ribbon
    cable-to SCSI connector? (and attach a power supply)
3. Does anyone know if connecting one of the pins one the TP5
     connector or the 8-pin header on the side will send it into
     audio-play mode? (I've always wanted a car-CD player :) )
4. If apple driver software won't work with it is there any cheap or
     PD software availible to drive it?
Thanks, please e-mail response's or request for summaries. If there's
enough interest I'll post summary.

eaw@Alliant.COM (Eric Woudenberg) (07/10/90)

In article <3837@rodan.acs.syr.edu> isr@rodan.acs.syr.edu (Michael S. Schechter - ISR group account) writes:
>Hi, i've got a Toshiba XM-3201B ...

>4. If apple driver software won't work with it is there any cheap or
>     PD software availible to drive it?

>Thanks, please e-mail response's or request for summaries. If there's
>enough interest I'll post summary.

I'm posting because this question gets asked about once a month.

Call Toshiba Technical Support:
	800 999 4823
	714 455 0407 <-- a person named "jerrel" helped me order the driver.

Tell them which drive you have and ask them for the mac driver for it,
it costs about $50.

Eric Woudenberg