[comp.sys.mac.hardware] NTX broken?

furuta@tktv20.enet.dec.com (Akihiro Furuta) (07/10/90)

I had not used My laserwriter II NTX for a while. When I powered it on,
four LEDs on the side of it were on and never turned off! I was suposed to
get the green LED on. Was the circuit board broken? I'm afraid that data on
EEPROM(EEVROM?) was just gone! If so, how can I reset the ROM? Do I have to
get it fixed?

Akihiro Furuta
Digital Equipment Corp. Japan

bcs-jim@pro-angmar.UUCP (Jim Rinaldo) (07/12/90)

>>>Problem with NTX LEDS being all on:

Akihiro, do you by chance have a paper jam, or is there a Toner cartridge in
the NTX? The cover pops up easily (just push in the big button on the top),
and there MUST be a toner cartridge inserted.
Also, is there a paper tray inserted? Someone may have "borrowed" your toner
cartridge or paper tray (or both), so check that out.
Also, has anyone reconfigured the printer for serial, is the appletalk cable
hooked up ok, or anything else look wierd?

Jim Rinaldo
Tech. Editor
Computer Aided Publishin Solutions (CAPs)
The Boston Computer Society