[comp.sys.mac.hardware] Backing up servers in a Mac/Sun net

J.COOK@ENS.Prime.COM (07/27/90)

francis@giza.cis.ohio-state.edu (RD Francis) writes:

>I'm looking for helpful suggestions as to my back-up options.  We've
>got a few hundred Macs, and a few hundred Suns, Suns on Ethernet, Macs

Perhaps what you need is a central file server.  Then you could have
centralized backup, which should make things easy.  It's worth finding out
about.

Try contacting Epoch Systems.  They used to be in Marlboro, Mass., but moved
to Westboro, Mass. recently.  They make a central server that works with Suns
and Apple has made favorable comments about them.

I have no association with them other than I know a few of the people there,
but it's been months...

Jim Cook (J.COOK@ENS.Prime.COM)
Prime Computer, Inc.
500 Old Conn. Path
Framingham, Mass.

"Just my misinformation.  Prime has all it needs."