[comp.sys.mac.hardware] SE/30 & External MonitorsDIR/NEW

drogemuller@darwin.ntu.edu.au (08/01/90)

In article <6997@umd5.umd.edu>, jkight@umd5.umd.edu (Jeff Kight) writes:

>   I'm in the market for an external monitor on
> an SE/30...preferably a 2pg. Does anyone have
> any suggestions?
>
> Does anyone know of a SE/30 card that will drive
> the Apple monitors?

I am using a RasterOps 24 bit colour card in an SE30 using 5M of RAM and an
Apple 13" color Monitor. The only problem that I have found is with SuperPaint
II, which crashes on openning a document.

Robin Drogemuller
Northern Territory Uni

egapmh@uncecs.edu (Paul M. Hudy) (08/02/90)

In article <1990Aug1.160524.284@darwin.ntu.edu.au>, drogemuller@darwin.ntu.edu.au writes:
> In article <6997@umd5.umd.edu>, jkight@umd5.umd.edu (Jeff Kight) writes:
> >
> >   I'm in the market for an external monitor on
> > an SE/30...preferably a 2pg. Does anyone have
> > any suggestions?
> >
> > Does anyone know of a SE/30 card that will drive
> > the Apple monitors?
> >

> I am using a RasterOps 24 bit colour card in an SE30 using 5M of RAM and an
> Apple 13" color Monitor. The only problem that I have found is with SuperPaint
> II, which crashes on openning a document.
>
> Robin Drogemuller
> Northern Territory Uni

  There is a solution to the Superpaint 2.0 crashing - at least it
worked for my SE/30 and RasterOps264 board. In the Preferences menu-
I think- there is a selection box about what method to use to draw
the screens. If I remember correctly, you have to set option so it
does *not* bypass Quickdraw. It is set to do this as a default.
  In order to get to this option box, remove 32bit Quickdraw, etc and
boot the SE/30 off the 9"BW screen. You should then be able to reset
the options box, put everything else back in the system folder, and
reboot back to the large color monitor. If there are problems with
the details of this, I can look them up - it was a long time ago -
just let me know.
Paul <egapmh@ecsvax>