[comp.sys.mac.hardware] FX Simms

thegerm@alchemy.UUCP (Joel Lingenfelter) (08/02/90)

The Chip Merchant in San Diego carries them, and generally has the best price
on everything they sell.  The address and phone was posted a few posts earlier,
and someone just borrowed my copy of Macintosh News so I can't repost...  I
believe they were $65-69 a piece.  This company is a good company, I bought my
SIMMS from them a few months ago.  The only problem is that they ship UPS COD
cash or cashiers check only, which can be a pain (I had to put together
$288.84 in cash for the UPS guy...) but other than that they are great and
always have the best price.  If I receive another issue of The Macintosh News,
I'll post the address and phone.  One more thing, I heard a rumor that if you
tell them they are for personal use, they are cheaper, but am not sure, as I
didn't know that when I bought mine.
Joel

tn505981@longs.LANCE.ColoState.EDU (Todd Nathan) (08/03/90)

In article <100@alchemy.UUCP>, thegerm@alchemy.UUCP (Joel Lingenfelter) writes:

> The Chip Merchant ... is a good company, I bought my
> SIMMS from them a few months ago.  The only problem is that they ship
UPS COD
> cash or cashiers check only, which can be a pain (I had to put together
> $288.84 in cash for the UPS guy...) but other than that they are great and
> always have the best price.  If I receive another issue of The
Macintosh News,
> I'll post the address and phone.  One more thing, I heard a rumor that
if you
> tell them they are for personal use, they are cheaper, but am not sure, as I
> didn't know that when I bought mine.
> Joel

I have purchased my SIMMS from them also.  I have found the quality to
be great and the prices unbeatable.
They are advertised in every MacWeek Issue.  Very consistant company in
beating the other guys prices.  Cash and Cashiers check only is pain,
but worth the extra 40 bucks on a 8 meg SIMM purchase!!!

Sincerely,

Todd