[comp.sys.mac.hardware] Need Toshiba CD-ROM driver

blitz@nodename.dec.com (Marty Blitz) (08/02/90)

I just purchased a Toshiba CD-ROM XM-3201 from Computer Exchange, and found
that the Apple CD driver does not recognize the drive.  The drive came
alone (no box, no docs, not software), but I hooked it up to a friends
IBM, and it works.

Does anyone know where I could get a driver which would function with the
Toshiba driver?

thanks,
marty blitz

eaw@Alliant.COM (Eric Woudenberg) (08/03/90)

In article <1813@mountn.dec.com> blitz@nodename.dec.com (Marty Blitz) writes:
>Does anyone know where I could get a driver which would function with the
>Toshiba driver?

Call Toshiba technical support, tell them which unit you have and ask
for the Macintosh CD-ROM Driver for it, it's about $50.

Numbers for Toshiba:
	800-999-4823
	714-455-0407
	617-354-6720

Eric Woudenberg

blob@apple.com (Brian Bechtel) (08/03/90)

writes:
> Does anyone know where I could get a driver which would function with the
> Toshiba driver?

Sometime before, Eric Woudenberg posted this response to a similar
question:

--Brian Bechtel     blob@apple.com     "My opinion, not Apple's"