[comp.sys.mac.hardware] resetting serial port

chou@sim.berkeley.edu (Pai Chou) (08/07/90)

I wrote a terminal emulator which works fine for a modem,
but it doesn't work for a Mac whose serial port is connected
directly to a Unix box.  There is no hardware reset button.

My question is, how do you get the prompt message from the
Unix host?  How can I make software calls to achieve the same
effect as the hardware reset button?  Thanks

Pai Chou
chou@sim.berkeley.edu

In article <26811@pasteur.Berkeley.EDU> chou@sim.berkeley.edu (Pai Chou) writes:
>I wrote a terminal emulator which works fine for a modem,
>but it doesn't work for a Mac whose serial port is connected
>directly to a Unix box.  There is no hardware reset button.
>
>My question is, how do you get the prompt message from the
>Unix host?  How can I make software calls to achieve the same
>effect as the hardware reset button?  Thanks
>
>Pai Chou
>chou@sim.berkeley.edu

Try sending a break (Call SerSetBrk, wait 50-200ms, call SerClrBrk).  If that
doesn't work, try dropping DTR (csCode = 18 to serial driver) sending a
break, and raising DTR (cscode = 17)
][, ][+, ///, ///+, //e, //c, IIGS, //c+ --- Any questions?
		Hey!  Bush has NO LIPS!