[net.columbia] Renaming net.columbia & net.sickness

ray@othervax.UUCP (Raymond D. Dunn) (02/05/86)

re are many examples to which each of the above adjectives apply,
I will not compound the situation by quoting them.

I apologise profusely to the few who do post informed, considered,
and relevant information.  Your few and far between gems are the only
thing that keeps the net from dragging us all down into the deep
recesses of its abyss.

Ray Dunn.  ..philabs!micomvax!othervax!ray

aoki@oracle.UUCP (Don Aoki) (02/09/86)

In article <755@othervax.UUCP>, ray@othervax.UUCP (Raymond D. Dunn) writes:
> On this net it was bound to happen, and I am sickened by the whole
> thing.
>
> The postings on the shuttle incident have been a complete microcosm
> of the whole general net environment - ill-conceived, uninformed,
> egotistical, parochial, introverted, small-minded, and, as could be
> expected, the "discussion" has degenerated into a spate of
> yes-we-should, no-we-shouldn't postings on the so-important topic of
> the NAME of the group.
>
> How relevant!  What a contribution to society!  What nonsense!

I couldn't agree with you more, Ray.  Such heated debate over such a
petty topic as the NAME of the group seems to make the tragedy itself a
secondary issue and fills the net with more useless clutter.

Who Really Cares?

"A rose by any other name ... "

Don Aoki
--