[comp.sys.mac.hardware] Internal Hard Disks for the Mac IIfx

demarsee@gamera.acs.syr.EDU (Darryl E. Marsee) (08/09/90)

I have a Mac II, with an internal EMAC 65MB hard drive, that I'm
upgrading to an IIfx.  I've heard that the IIfx has a new SCSI
termination scheme.  So, does anyone know what I must do (if
anything) to the internal hard drive I have on my Mac II so that
it'll work with the IIfx?  Do I need to pull the terminators on
the internal hard drive?  Or can I just drop it in and have
everything work?

--

Regards,

Darryl Marsee
Syracuse University
<demarsee@gamera.cns.syr.edu>

In article <DEMARSEE.90Aug8141634@gamera.acs.syr.EDU> demarsee@gamera.acs.syr.EDU (Darryl E. Marsee) writes:
>I have a Mac II, with an internal EMAC 65MB hard drive, that I'm
>upgrading to an IIfx.  I've heard that the IIfx has a new SCSI
>termination scheme.  So, does anyone know what I must do (if
>anything) to the internal hard drive I have on my Mac II so that
>it'll work with the IIfx?  Do I need to pull the terminators on
>the internal hard drive?  Or can I just drop it in and have
>everything work?

You need to pull out the terminators on that drive, and replace them with
a IIFX internal terminator and a filter.  I think they are supposed to give
you them (as well as the external terminator) when you upgrade.
][, ][+, ///, ///+, //e, //c, IIGS, //c+ --- Any questions?
		Hey!  Bush has NO LIPS!