[comp.sys.mac.hardware] SE screen qulaity

philip@pescadero.Stanford.EDU (Philip Machanick) (08/12/90)

In article <2WSNKHF@cs.swarthmore.edu>, fought@campus.swarthmore.edu writes:

> By the way, whenever I see an SE or SE/30 in action, one thing comes to
> mind:  Why are SE screens so much worse than all of the Plus screens I've
> seen?  In the best case, they are just a little blurry, and in the worst it
> is impossible to read anything that has been reverse highlighted.  My
> MacPlus is clear as a bell.  Has anyone else noticed this?  If I get an SE/
> 30 someday, would it be (theoretically) possible to hook up a Plus screen to
> it?  They seem so much better.

I remember hearing somewhere that the screen was one of the few parts in
common between the Plus and SE. Maybe Apple isn't adjusting them as carefully
as they used to? I can't say I've been particularly aware of a difference...

Philip Machanick
philip@pescadero.stanford.edu