[comp.sys.mac.hardware] Question about 8*24 card

xzoy@vax5.cit.cornell.edu (07/24/90)

I am trying to help somebody who recently purchased the 8*24 video card
for use with the Apple 13" RGB monitr and a MacIIcx. The card is supposed
to be able to show 16.7 million colors at once when in 24-bit mode, but
when we go to the Monitors cdev, we are only given color options up to
256 colors at a time. We are running System 6.0.5 (which the card claims
it requires) and our Monitors cdev is definitely the 6.0.5 version. All
connections seem to be connected. The machine has 4 megs of RAM (although
I don't think that should matter).

Does anybody out there have suggestions for getting the Monitors cdev to
allow us the choice of all 16.7 million colors? Please reply via email,	I'll
summarize back if many are interested.

Thanks in advance, Tonya Byard

apn@Apple.COM (Alex Novickis) (08/12/90)

In article <4802.26ac293a@vax5.cit.cornell.edu> xzoy@vax5.cit.cornell.edu writes:
>I am trying to help somebody who recently purchased the 8*24 video card
>for use with the Apple 13" RGB monitr and a MacIIcx. The card is supposed
>to be able to show 16.7 million colors at once when in 24-bit mode, but
>when we go to the Monitors cdev, we are only given color options up to
>256 colors at a time. We are running System 6.0.5 (which the card claims
>it requires) and our Monitors cdev is definitely the 6.0.5 version. All
>connections seem to be connected. The machine has 4 megs of RAM (although
>I don't think that should matter).
>
>Does anybody out there have suggestions for getting the Monitors cdev to
>allow us the choice of all 16.7 million colors? Please reply via email,	I'll
>summarize back if many are interested.
>
>Thanks in advance, Tonya Byard

Is the 32-bit QuickDraw file in the system folder ? I don't remember if
on a cx 32QD is in ROM or not.....

-A

--
Alex P. Novickis, Real Time systems demi-guru.  (W)   408-370-4541
ALINK:alex.n                                    (PAGE)    989-6678